The second consortium meeting was held at the Institute of Electronics at the Lodz University of Technology and was organized by the Polish consortium partner. The meeting was attended by 32 participants from Iceland, Romania, Italy, Hungary and Poland. The agenda of the meeting was focused on the status reports and action plans for the second work package, entitled: Experiments with the Technical Alternatives and Selection of Optimal Solutions planned for months 6-13 of the project .
The project partners reported progress in the implementation of project objectives and planned further research. The discussions have concentrated on the following project subtasks:
- Stereovision and reconstruction algorithm of 3D scenes
- Conversion of the 3D scene models into sound and haptic schemes
- Serious games for the visually impaired
- Brainstorming on the HCI and usability aspects
- Compliance of the envisaged system with medical standards and regulations
- Dissemination activities in the form of the project webpage and academic publications
- Administrative and technical coordination
During the Sound of Vision meeting in Lodz the partners have visited Lodz University of Technology research facilities in the Institute of Electronics, the Faculty of Material Technologies and Textile Design and the newly opened ICT Centre. A number of partners had their Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTFs) measured in the anechoic chamber.